Latest News


We have suspended bookings for our flu clinics due to unforeseen road freight challenges.  We are not cancelling appointments already booked at the moment, if we have to cancel clinics we will be in touch with those patients  who have already booked. Please do not call the surgery.  We will keep this website and our Facebook page updated with the latest situation.


Due to the shortage of blood test tubes NHS England have advised all GP practices that testing must be halted until 17 September 2021, except for clinically urgent testing. 
Examples of clinically urgent testing include: 
• Bloods that are required to facilitate a two week wait referral 
• Bloods that are extremely overdue and/or essential for safe prescribing of medication or monitoring of condition 
• Bloods that if taken could avoid a hospital admission or prevent an onward referral 
• Those with suspected sepsis or conditions with a risk of death or disability


For COVID-19 vaccinations please contact the National Booking Service to make an appointment - not your GP practice.  All local sites are now available through the National Booking Service online or by calling 119 and it's the best way to get an appointment for both 1st and 2nd doses if you don’t have an appointment already.  Please don't hesitate, when it's your turn to be vaccinated please do so as soon as possible.  The NHS appreciates that at times the system can be busy and but be assured we will make sure everyone is offered the opportunity to be immunised so please keep trying.  New clinics are being set up all the time at various locations including some community pharmacies so your patience is appreciated.  

You can find more information on the vaccine here Covid Vaccination Leaflet and also on the Government website here. For any queries you might have please see BSW Clinical Commissioning Group's website Frequently Asked Questions 

Covid-19 Vaccination Appointment Transport

Link 6 & RWB Good Neighbour Scheme is available to take patients to and from Covid-19 vaccination appointments for those who are unable to access transport from family or friends. Please call 07879 394666 and we will do our best to accommodate your need. Barnes Couches are also offering a return transport service to Covid-19 vaccine appointments in Wiltshire for a small charge. For more information or to book call 01793 821303.


We are unable to provide you with certification of Covid vaccination. These can be obtained from 17th May either by calling 119 (option 1, then option 2, then option 3 - vaccination status certification queries) or from the NHS App - you just need your NHS number and a passport or driving licence to set it up.  Click here for further details.

Recovering from COVID19

Please click on the link to access videos on how to recover from COVID19 - COVID19 Rehab resource


To provide more time to speak with patients, doctors, health charities and others, the collection of GP data for Planning and Research in England has been deferred from 1 July to 1 September 2021.  See the Data Sharing area of this website for more information.


Salary negotiable £9.75 - £10.20 per hour - dependent on experience and skills.

We are currently seeking a Medical Receptionists to join our professional reception team at New Court Surgery, Royal Wootton Bassett.  We are seeking to recruit a full time receptionist.

Applicants should be flexible, enthusiastic with excellent communication skills, a passion for patient care and the ability to work as part of a team.  Previous medical receptionist experience would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be given.

If you would like to discuss further please contact Karen Fox Operations  Manager, New Court Surgery, Borough Fields, Royal Wootton Bassett, Wilts  SN4 7AX on 01793 852302 or email

Closing date for applications is Friday 30th July 2021

Interviews dates 3rd and 4th August 2021

If we receive too many applicants we will bring the closing date forward.


Long term conditions
For reliable and trusted health information and advice please see the Long Term Conditions area of this website.

Wiltshire Adult Care

Please click on the link below to view details on Wiltshire "Your Care, Your Support". This website has been developed by Wiltshire Council and Healthwatch Wiltshire to provide people with information about care and support services in Wiltshire and to provide information about what services are available within your community.

Health News from the BBC and the NHS

BBC Health
NHS Choices Behind the Headlines
Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website